…about myself, because I won an award and I’m supposed to make a list of this shit.
I’ve been dawdling with this award and I can’t figure out why. Probably because I feel it’s impossible to think of 11 random facts about myself.
But, thanks to Richard Rumple, Terrye Toombs, and Emelie Samuelson who all nominated me. No, I’m not listing 33 things, just 11, so just calm yo shit!
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I got this award because I have less than — LESS THAN! — 200 followers. Is that a compliment? I don’t think so. Y’all need to help me out and subscribe to my blog so I don’t get this award again. It’s not like I’m not thankful or anything, but sheesh. So, please click below to subscribe:
In case you just forgot, do a homie a favor and click on the link above to subscribe. Stats are very important and when — not IF — I get an agent/publisher (and I will, because they’ll be wowed by my writing AND stats, because y’all chose to help a homie out), there will be something in it for everyone who has subscribed. Trust me.
Random shit about me:
1. I can’t stand food with weird textures. Anything soggy makes me gag. However, if you’d like to throw a huge bowl of Nanner puddin’ my way, I’ll be your friend for life. But, rice pudding? **gag** Oh yeah…chicken and dumplings? I. DON’T. EVEN. THINK. SO! None of that soggy biscuit crap for me.
2. I used to be an avid golfer with a 4 handicap. Without lessons. AND…I taught myself. I even got a hole-in-one once on a par 3. It was blind-shittin’ luck, not skill. Trust me.
3. When I am stressed, I can get as wound up us a Coon Dog trying to pass a peach pit through his bowels. Probably one of the many reasons I wound up having double bypass surgery at the AGE OF <BLEEP>ING 40!
4. I cannot back up a trailer (or anything on a trailer, like a boat) to save my life.
5. I have watched every single episode of The Sopranos so many times, I have them all memorized. I’m fascinated with anything to do with the Mafia. I think I was a Godfather in a former life. Guard your knees around me.
6. If I see someone fall, run into something, or trip, I will laugh before asking if they are okay. It’s a talent I have and it comes natural.
7. I’m actually quiet and shy, until you get to know me. After that, watch out. However, I tend to prefer to be alone. You won’t catch me in crowded places or at parties. It’s not that I fear people, I just don’t like them. In fact, I’ve been compared to Weezer in the movie Steel Magnolias. Yeah, I’m crotchety!
8. I love to cook and have been told that I’m actually quite good. Hindsight is 20-20, but I should have gone to culinary school.
9. I have Abibliophobia. Go look it up.
10. I love being near the ocean. I use to own two surfboards, but am now down to only one. One day I will live close to the ocean again. One day SOON!
11. I love sailboats and anything to do with sailing. It would be a dream to have my own and sail around the world.
I’m supposed to nominate 11 bloggers, but all the bloggers I know have already won this award so many times that I think they’ll strangle me if I nominate them again. However, I ran into one blogger this past week who is absolutely hilarious. Her name is Lisa Newlin and you can find her over at http://www.rantingseriously.com/. Do yourselves a favor, go check her out and tell her I sent ya.
Again, here’s your chance to subscribe. Please do so!